Senior Financial Controller
About the company
Paris Realty Fund (PAREF) is a European real estate company listed on Euronext Paris. PAREF operates in two major complementary areas: (i) directly owned assets via PAREF SIIC primarily in offices in the Paris region (€128 Mn asset as at June 30, 2019) and (ii) management on behalf of third parties via PAREF Gestion (€1 656 Mn funds under management as at June 30, 2019), an AMF-certified management company, and PAREF Investment Management (ca. €0.4 Bn under management as of today).
The Group is presents in France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland.
Context: PAREF is present through its subsidiary PIM Italy in Milan and currently manages one of the largest redevelopment project inner Milan “The Medelan” (55 000 sqm, mix-used asset) for a large institutional investor. The Group intends to grow its activity of asset, project and property management in Italy for both retail and institutional investors.
The Group is looking for a senior financial controller position, based in Milan, and reporting directly to the Group Head of Corporate Finance. This position will cover the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for the annual budget of Italian development projects, funds and local platform
- Perform follow-up along the year and provide monthly reporting (variance analysis and overall management of the budget)
- Implement KPIs on project/funds/platform
- Provide financial information required by reglementary reporting and reporting package for presentation to the Senior Management (financial reporting and business KPIs)
- Optimize and reinforce existing internal process (purchase request and validation, payment process, etc.)
- Oversee the accounting closing process with external accountant (on a monthly basis) and ensure the accuracy and availability of financial statements for Group consolidation
- Coordinate audits and appropriate tax preparations
Financing & treasury:
- Participate with the Group Head of Corporate Finance to all financing, bank relations for all investments in Italy (bank account, credit lines, hedgings…)
- Maintain the link with banks for daily operations
- Conduct cashflow forecasts to ensure operational activities and cover needs
- Be a partner for the acquisitions (contribute to the business plan elaboration, deal structuring for investment decision-making…)
- Coordinate between internal team members and external advisors along the acquisition process, notably due diligence, closing, etc.
- Graduated from a top university or business school with a Master degree specialized in Finance, Economics or related disciplines
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a finance related position (i.e. financial controlling, audit, etc.)
- Knowledge in real estate sector
- Good team player, self-initiated, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Good mastery of office pack, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in Italian and English is a must. French speaking is a plus